Not maintaining this page after 2011….
YEAR 2011 – [11 Blasts/attacks, 44 dead, 183 injured, 1 incidence averted by defusing 3IEDs]
- 02 August 2011 – 5 killed and 20 injured in Imphal, Manipur blast. The blast occurred at crowded marketplace of Sanghaipham in Imphal. More.
- 30 July 2011 – Terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims foiled by CRPF. There were 3 IEDs found in pressure cookers in a bus carrying 45 pilgrims back to Jammu. Due to conductor’s attention the unfortunate incidence averted.
- 13 July 2011 – Three blasts kill 21 and leave 141 injured in Mumbai. 1 blast near Dadar, 1 at Opera House and 1 at Zaveri Bazar. More. Suspected IM and SIMI. [Update1] toll raises to 25
- 06 July 2011 – 9 policemen injured in an attack by terrorists on a police station in Sopore, J&K. The attack in Sopore is to influence the tourist inflow. Separatists are not happy with locals getting benefited from tourism, so the blast.
- 28 May 2011 – Three injured in a blast at Sports complex in Imphal, Manipur. The bomb was fitted in a car which went off at 9:45am injuring a 10 year old girl and 2 others. It took place near Autonomous District Council.
- 24 May 2011 – Nine police officer killed in an attack by Naxal Terrorists. Nearly 250 armed Naxalites attacked the 10 member squad send to Sonabed jungle near Gariabandh area on Monday evening.
- 23 May 2011 – Two blasts in Manipur’s East Imphal district. The blasts occurred at 30 minute interval. One blast near Ph Parijat, Agri Minister’s, Nongada residence and second at MG Avenue in heart of Imphal near police station.
- 18 May 2011 – Seven CRPF Jawans killed in Dantewada. Near Borguda village a Maoists killed 7 CRPF jawans and injured 2 others. Incident occured near Sukma town.
- 11 May 2011 – Blast near northern command headquarters in Jammu. No one injured in this blast.
- 02 May 2011 – Car blast near northern command headquarters in Udhampur district, Jammu 1 civilian killed and 10 injured. A top army official Major General DS Pathadia had a narrow escape. LeT operative Sarwar carried out the blast with the help of agriculture extension officer Mujeeb. Mujeeb posed as Sarwar’s uncle to get foothold in the village. This was first car blast in Jammu region. [UPDATE] 5 detained in this case.
- 08 April 2011 – Moderate Muslim Cleric killed in bomb blast in mosque in Shrinagar. Maulana Showkat Ahmad Shah killed while entering the mosque. He was against the 2010 year’s stone pelting by separatists. Another person also injured in the blast.
- 10 March 2011 – Bomb blast at 11pm near president’s residence in Imphal, Manipur. There were no casualties only tin roof of a nearby school damaged. IEDs suspected to be used for the blast. Surprisingly the president’s visit was boycotted by Manipur People’s Liberation Front (MPLF).
YEAR 2010 – [19 blasts/attacks, 474 dead, 309 injured]
- 07 December 2010 – Two killed and 37 injured in a blast at Sheetla ghat in Varanasi while Ganga prayer in evening. This ghat is close to Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple and Dashaswamedh ghat(where 2006 bombing happened). Indian Mujahidin a bannd terrorist outfit claimed responsibility in response to the Ayodhya verdict 2010. 3 year old girl died on spot and a 50 year old lady succumbed to injuries in hospital.
- 08 October 2010 – Naxalites killed 3 SPOs and injured 2 in landmine attack in Rajnandgaon. This attack is in the series of attacks against the joint operation by state and central forces against Naxalites/Maoists.
- 07 October 2010 – Naxalites attempted derailment of Triveni express, by removing 4 fishplates and 42 sleeper clips.
- 05 October 2010 – Maoists killed 4 Special Forces officers using landmines in Gadchiroli district. The attack came a day after police arrested 20 suspected Maoists. Huge cache detonators and explosives were also recovered.
- 12 September 2010 – Naxalites killed 3 policemen and took 4 more hostage in an ambush in Chhattisgarh. The 4 policemen were later released without conditions after Naxal leaders listened to the appeals of family members.
- 30 August 2010 – Maoists killed 10, injured 10 and kidnapped 4 security personnel in Bihar. Maoists also robbed 35 automatic rifles.
- 29 August 2010 – Five security personnel killed in Maoists attack. A joint team of BSF and district police was attacked by the rebels in Bhuski village (Chhattisgarh) while they were conducting routine search operations, the forces retaliated and in the action they lost five security personnel.
- 23 August 2010 – 3 Killed in two separate attacks by terrorists in Kashmir. Two womens killed in an attack in village Nangram and a government official killed in Chakoora village.
- 29 June 2010 – at least 26 policemen are killed in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh. In Narayanpur district Moists ambushed the CRPF team returning on foot the base camp. Their were two ambushes in half kilometer area.
- 28 May 2010 – Kolkata–Mumbai night train derailed, killed at least 150 and injured 180 persons. Maoists were responsible for the sabotage which caused the disaster. Naxalites removed 18 inch railway track. When the Jnaneswari express derailed it hit to the goods train on opposite track.
- 17 May 2010 – a Naxalite landmine destroyed a bus in Dantewada district, killing up to 44 people. The maoists blew a passenger bus packed with full capacity on highway.
- 14 May 2010 – Unidentified gunmen killed 1 cop in broad daylight. This was suspected to a terrorist attack. This was carried out on the pretext of Macca Masjid blast anniversary.
- 06 April 2010 – 74 CRPF Jawan & 2 Policemen killed in Naxalites ambush in Dantewada. In a gruesome attack in Dantewada 73 CRPF jawans killed by around 700 armed Naxalite terrorists.
- 02 April 2010 – Rail service attacked by terrorists in Kashmir. Terrorists attacked the Kashmir railway network for the first time by blowing up the railway tracks of 2 feet by using IEDs in Pulwama district.
- 16 March 2010 – Two separate attacks by terrorists leave 3 dead and 8 injured in Jammu and Kashmir. First attacked happened in Srinagar whereas second in the Sopore, Baramula district. Al-Nasireen and Farzandan-e-Millat, believed to be the shadow outfits of Pakistan-based Lashker-e-Taiba, claimed the responsibility. More.
- 15 February 2010 – 24 paramilitary personnel of Easter Frontier Rifles killed in Naxalites attack in Silda Camp. 40-50 armed naxal terrorists ambushed Silda camp and killed 24 personnel while abducted few too.
- 13 February 2010 – Pune German bakery blast by terrorists killed 16 and injured 60. A waiter tried to open unattended package which exploded. The bakery is close to Chabad House and Osho center.
- 25 January 2010 – Two commandos injured in a blast near Manipur Mountaineer Training Institute in Imphal East district. There were 3 blasts two near Kangla Fort injuring 2 commandos and one in Bishanpur District injuring 2 civilians. The suspects were cadres of Manipur People’s Liberation Front (MPLF). Video
- 07 January 2010 – Fidayeen (Suicide squad) terrorists attacked Srinagar killing 1 policemen and injuring 10. Terrorists belonged to LeT. Terrorists took Punjab Hotel under siege for 22 hours before CRPF killed them to recapture hotel. CRPF killed both terrorists. Video
YEAR 2009 – [4 Blasts, 16 dead, 135 injured]
- 11 December 2009 – A boy killed and 30 injured in two blasts in Assam. 1st blast at 3pm in weekly market at Garubandha near Army cantonment in Misamari. 2nd blast around 6pm at Rakhkhamari near Dhekiajuli town.
- 23 November 2009 – Two blasts in Manipur leave 7 dead and 53 injured. 2 blasts occurred 15 minutes apart in Nalbari district. IED used for carrying out the blast. ULFA suspected for carrying out the blasts.
- 06 April 2009 – Four blasts kill 8 and 32 injured in Assam. Guwahati, Dhekiajuli, Mancachar in Dhubri and Udalguri district. ULFA suspected for this blast.
- 1 January 2009 – Three Serial Blasts in Guwahati. The bombs occurred in 3 places Birubari, Bhootnath and Bhangagarh. Leaving more than 20 injured. More
YEAR 2008 – [3 attacks/blasts, 234 dead, 500+ injured]
- 26 November 2008 – Terror Attack on Mumbai by 10 Gunmen. This attack left 166 dead and many injured. Dead included 9 security personnel, 28 foreign nationals. There was attack at 8 places Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus, The Oberoy Trident, The Taj Palace, Leopold Cafe, Cama Hospital, Nariman House, Metro Cinema, Lane behind TOI building and Xavier’s college. Two blasts at Mazgaon and in a taxi at Vile Parle. “This was a war waged by Pakistani ISI with the help of terrorists in the name of Islamism”.
- 30 October 2008 – 18 serial blasts rocked Assam killed more than 64 and 200+ injured. ULFA or Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami [HuJI] suspected behind the blasts. Blasts occurred at 11:30am. 1 – vegetable and fruit market at Ganeshguri near flyover adjacent to high security secretariat and assembly, 2 – in front of DC’s office, 3 – Near police station of fancy bazar, 4&5 – at Ganeshguri near capital complex and fancy bazar, 6&7&8 – Baripeta district, 9&10 – at Bongaigaon, 11&12 – at Kokrajhar district, Some blasts at Pan bazar, The District Court, One blast 100mtrs near CM’s residence. Update [NDFB chief chargesheeted]. More
- 30 September 2008 – Four killed and 70 injured in Malegaon blast. The blast occurred at Bhikhu chawk area. The disturbing act followed when mob went on rampage and started stone pelting after the blast; which injured 8 policemen who were trying to stabilize the situation.
YEAR 2007 – [4 Blasts, 108 dead, 111 injured]
- 26 August 2007 – Three blasts kill 40 and leaves 54 injured in Hyderabad.
- 06 August 2007 – Three blasts leave 33 injured. Ironically or funnily they attempted to trigger blast inside Sonari police station. Suspect is ULFA. 1 blast at Agia in Goalpara District, 1 blast at Sonari near police station, 1 blast in ASTC bust stand in Tiniali in Sivsagar District.
- 22 May 2007 – Three blasts injure 4 in Gorakhpur. This happened when new government assumed the office.
- 17 February 2007 – Samjhauta express blasts killed 68 and injured 20 in Haryana state. The blast occurred when train passed the Diwana station near Panipat. IEDs used to carry out the blast. Col Purohit arrested for alleged involvement and investigations are on.
YEAR 2006 – [5 blasts/attacks, 280 dead, 990 injured]
- 08 September 2006 – 37 killed and 125 injured in a blast at Malegaon. The blast occurred at Muslim cemetery near mosque. The blast happened at 1.15pm. Some have reported 300 injured but there is not official record. Baba kabrastan is the name of the site where 3 bombs went off. UPDATE: Abrar Ahmed Ghulam Ahmed, an accused in Malegaon blast turned approver.
- 16 August 2006 – ISKON Temple blast killed 5 and injured 50 in Imphal, Manipur. This Krishna Janmashthami was used by terrorists for their sinister purpose. Grenades were used for the blast. CM said this area was high security zone and clueless how terrorists infiltrated.
- 11 July 2006 – Serial train blasts killed 210 while injuring 714 in Mumbai sub-urban railways. Blasts occurred at following locations – Khar road-Santacruz, Bandra-Khar road, Jogeshwari, Mahim Junction, Mira road-Bhayandar, Matunga road-Mahim Junction, Borivali.
- 13 June 2006 – Two blasts in Moreh in Chandel district of Manipur. Moreh is the town on Manipur-Myanmar border.
- 07 March 2006 – Twin blast in Varanasi killed 28 and left 101 others injured. First blast took place at Sankat Mochan Hanuman Temple at 6:20pm. Second blast occurred at Varanasi cantonment railway station at almost the same time. Fortunately 3 other bombs discovered from temple and defused, one each defused from the restaurant near railway station, Godolia and Dashaswamedh Ghat. Bombs were made in Bihar and the material was smuggled from Nepal. Laskar-e-Toiba suspected for bombings. [UPDATE]Lashkar-e-Qahab owned bombings.
- May 2006, RDX recovered from Islamists in Malegaon.
YEAR 2005 [4 blasts/attacks, 77 dead, 267 injured]
- 28 December 2005 – IISc Banglore attacked by terrorists leaving 1 dead and 4 injured. A gunman opened indiscriminate firing on the Wednesday evening in the campus.One unexploded bomb too found at the location.The building was on hit-list of LeT. Sabauddin confessed his and Hamza’s involvement.
- 29 October 2005 – Delhi serial blast killed 62 and 210 injured just before Diwali. 3 blasts occurred in series. 1st at Paharganj outside New Delhi railway station, 2nd at Govindpuri inside a bus and 3rd very devastating at Sarojini Nagar market. RDX used for these blasts. Islamic Revolutionary Front accepted the responsibility. More.
- 28 July 2005 – Janpur-Delhi commuter train Shramjivi Express bombed leaving 13 dead and 50 injured. RDX used for the blast.
- 05 July 2005 – Islamists terrorists attacked Ayodhya Ram temple leaving 1 dead and 3 injured. 6 gunmen killed before they could reach the disputed site. LeT suspected for the attacks.
YEAR 2001 
- 03 March 2001 – Terrorists killed 17 and injured 6 policemen in Jammu and Kashmir. Police went to village Manjakot for investigating killing of 2 civilians by terrorists.
YEAR 2000 [23 blasts/attacks, 183 dead, Unaccounted injuries]
- 01 December 2000 – 21 killed in 3 attacks in Assam. ULFA, suspected, gunmen gunned down 21 civilians. This is a case regionalism. The terrorists are targeting Hindi speaking migrants.
- 16 Novemeber 2000 – NDFB killed 2 tea officials in Baripeta district Assam.
- 08 November 2000 – NDFB cadres killed 8 and injured many in Assam’s Baripeta district.
- 01 November 2000 – NDFB cadres killed 5 para military policemen in Rupsi Assam.
- 29 October 2000 – 4 killed and 3 injured in an attack by an extremist at a prize distribution ceremony in Kashmir.
- 26 October 2000 – 1 killed and 30 others injured when an explosive detonated inside a passenger train traveling from Bangi to Rampur.
- 16 August 2000 – 3 schoolchildren and a teacher injured in an explosion at a school in Idgah Colony in Agra.
- 12 August 2000 – A day after the car bomb attack, land mines exploded under buses. The incident saw the death of 6 soldiers. 42 soldiers were wounded. Hizbul Mujahideen continue to have their way.
- 10 August 2000 – A car bomb attack in Indian-administered Kashmir killed 15 and injured 30. Once again Hizbul Mujahideen owned up.
- 24 July 2000 – More than 6 people were killed and 10 injured when a private bus was bombarded by a powerful explosion.
- 29 June 2000 – Three people killed in a bomb blast in a tea shop during a cultural function in Punjab.
- 19 June 2000 – Two successive explosions at the Red Fort area in Delhi killed two people and injured 11.
- 23 May 2000 – Attempt to murder Kashmir Chief Minister. Explosion took place at a golf course where the minister was present with other VVIP’s. No one was injured as it took place at night. Hizbul Mujahadin claimed to have devised that.
- 15 May 2000 – Hizbul Mujahedin group was responsible behind the bomb attack on power minister in Kashmir. The Minister was killed along with 4 others.
- 29 April 2000 – Bomb exploded at a check point in Srinagar which killed one and injured eight.
- 20 April 2000 – Suicide bomb attack was reported which killed the suicide bomber. It was followed by a grenade attack at market killing 2 and injuring 28.
- 21 March 2000 – An explosive device blew inside a train shortly before it arrived at the Churchgate rail station in Mumbai. Four passengers were injured.
- 20 March 2000 – 36 Sikhs massacred by LeT terrorists in Chittisinghpura village, Anantnag district. This was a targeted attack on Sikhs in the village Chittisinghpura. This also known as “Chittisinghpura Massacre“. [Update] David Headley confirms LeT behind the massacre.
- 16 March 2000 – More than five persons were injured in a bomb blast in Sadar Bazaar, the largest wholesale market of household items in Delhi.
- 12 February 2000 – A bomb exploded close to GGM Science College in Kashmir. 4 people lost their lives and 26 people were badly injured. The bomb demolished buildings and shops and damaging vehicles.
- 25 January 2000 – Rocket attack in Kashmir killed 4 and injured 6. Harakat ul-Mujahedin claimed responsibility.
- 6 January 2000 – More than 22 persons were killed in a terror attack in Old Delhi
- 3 January 2000 – Bomb explosion took place in a market in Srinagar. 20 people were killed.
- 17 July 2000 – ULFA extremists killed 14 in Karbi-Anglong hill district in Assam.
YEAR 1999 – [1 blasts/attacks, 2 dead, 4 injured]
- 06 December 1999 – ULFA ambush killed 2 and left 4 injured in Khasarabari, Barpeta district, Assam.
Leave a Reply