Posted by Sandeep Shelke on April 30th, 2011
This is open discussion thread started with intention to have like minded people discussing solution to the common problem.
There are many like me in the Urban Areas who are struggling hard to get back to the village, where their roots are.
I left my village at the age of 16, after SSC, in 1999. Since then I’m a Non Resident Villager. It pains like hell when I eat sub-standard food, breath worst air and sleep under fan/AC, only to get headache. It never gave me a sense of fulfillment being in city. I’m living in Pune for almost 10 Years now, but never felt the situation is improving. Living standards are deteriorating drastically, making it highly polluted (Air, Noise, Water) and unlivable.
Alright. So situation is worst. What can we do? How can we break the barrier, fear? How can we go back to our beloved home? Can we not shift permanently to village of origin/love? No I’m not saying after retirement, I mean to live the life now. I think YES, we can go back and be successful there too.
But Then What stops (most of) us from going back?
- Consistent Income Source
- Employment Opportunity
- Growth Opportunity
Business ideas I’ve been thinking:
- Milk business (Project plan is ready)
- Calves Raring (Project Plan is ready)
- Rural BPO (Few ideas are in my mind)
- Oil Extraction (Project Plan is ready)
- Sanitary Napkins (Nirmal brand from Solapur)
- Vegetable Supply Chain (Organic fresh veg contract farming)
- Farmer Consultancy to improve production and market at better price
- Training centers (10th, 12th, Entrance Preparation)
- Food processing (Pickles, Papad, Chips)
- Eco construction material (like TARA Machines)
- Educational institutions (Schools, Colleges, Vocational)
- Storage facilities
Please share. If you’ve any further ideas. If you are working in same area. Above all we have to realize power of now.
ARISE, AWAKE and ALIGN